I have been working hard to get EeeOS re-built against Debian testing (lenny) so we can use atl2 and take advantage of the updated kernel.... so without further delays.... here is Public Beta 2:
Kindly mirrored @
gunzip -dc eeeos_beta2.img.gz | dd of=/dev/sdXHere is a short list of changes:
- Built against Debian Testing (lenny) so the software is more up-to-date
- Wifi-Radar Wireless Management tool installed by default (xfce4-wavelan-plugin for tray)
- Atheros drivers now create the correct interface (correct interface created on startup)
- Included wired network drivers (atl2)
- Included working UVC Webcam Drivers
- IMPORTANT: the Asus ACPI support is still absent from this release.
A brief overview of the Distribution and source/package related information, as well as Installation instructions can be found on the project website:
As with the previous one, please keep comments in this thread on topic. I need feedback on the build as well as error reports or corrections that need to be made.
Merry Christmas Everyone!
Edited by timbobsteve, 24 December 2007 - 04:05 AM.