New! BIOS Update Tools
This package makes it possible to downgrade to earlier BIOS versions, even from 0511 and 0703. Put it on a USB drive and boot up.
Other flash tools:
AFU DOS flash utility
In DOS execute this command to flash: afudos /i<New ROM filename> /o<Create backup of old version>
I.e afudos /i0401.rom /o0302.rom
To update with only a usb drive and firmware, just rename the rom-image to 701.rom, put it on a flash drive, reboot, and press ALT+F2 to load the updater. It's failsafe, during a bad flash it will boot into the flash utility and wait for a valid rom-image.
BIOS Update Utility files:
EeePC 700 - 2G Surf
0127 - Download
* Bios date 2007-11-01
* Changed the shutdown key from pressing power button for 4 seconds to one click after CrashFree successfully recovered the BIOS (BUG#=338)
* Changed DMI Type1 System Product Name to "Eee PC".
* Changed POST and setup menu model string to "Eee PC 2G/700"
* Updated the discharge voltage of 2S2P 2200mA battery.
* Fix the positions of setup tokens.
* Changed the boot block version from 20 to 21.
0128 - Download
* Bios date 2007-11-07
* Updated onboard DIMM SPD to support 512MB DRAM
* Changed the boot block version from 21 to 22
* Changed the hardware compatible version from 03 to 04
0129 - Download
* Bios date 2007-11-19
0207 - Download
* Bios date 2008-01-14
0401 - Download
* Bios date 2008-03-05
* Removed 1024x768 resolution.
* Let EZ Flash, ASUS Update, CrashFree erase and program boot block, EC F/W areas at last, in order to enhance the shutdown protection.
* Fixed the failure to boot to SSD when Boot Booster was enabled and LAN boot was set to boot first.
* Increased the boot block version from 30 to 31.
EeePC 701 - 4G
8804 - Download
* Bios date 2007-07-25, initial release
* Full 100 MHz FSB
* Chip report as an Intel I915GM rather than Intel I910GML
* Wireless and screen flickering problems reported
0302 - Download not available, please report if you found it
* Bios date 2007-10-10
* FSB lowered to 70 MHz
0204 - Download
* Bios date 2007-10-05
* Fixes USB2 and webcam problems
0401 - Download
* Bios date 2007-10-17
* Fix sometimes password is requested when entering setup
0511 test 705 - Download
* Bios date 2007-12-04
* Internal lead, beta version, at your own risk
* Display brightness higher, 220 Nits (versus ~130 nits)
* CPU speed adjustment, Max Battery (630 MHz) Max Performance (900 MHz)
* Voltage adjustment setting, locked to Low for Max Battery and Normal for Max Performance
* Downgrading to older BIOS versions restricted
* Possibly higher fan speed
0703 - Download
* Bios date 2008-01-04
* Revise the year of copyright strings from 2007 to 2008
0801 - Download
* Bios date 2008-01-08
* EC Firmware Version: 701_073
* <Changes unknown yet>
0906 - Download
* Bios date 2008-02-21
* Improve QuickBoot Function and Default Set to On.
* Remove VBIOS Sign On message.
* Force System Boot to First HDD when BootBoster Enabled.
* Fix EZ-Flash & ASUS Update can't Update EC Firmware.
* Change the defualt value of "boot booster" to "disable".
* Fix XP Freeze when Battery Capacity fall down to Critical Low.
* Fix AC/DC status confused when enter OS by bootbooster.
* Correct battery warning&low capacity.
0910 - Download
* Bios date 2008-03-03
* Revise VBIOS to Support 1024x768.
* Update EC F/W to fix system can't wakeup when Discharge to Battery Low in S3.
* Update EC F/W to fix system auto wakeup when XP force system Standby when Battery Low occurred.
* Skip asserting BAT_LL# in S3 to prevents host could not resuming from S3.
* Changed BAT_LL# asserting level to 0.5*battery critical level.
* Disabled EC_FLAG_BAT_LOW_RESUME_S3_ENABLED when enter to S3.)
* Update EC FW to Fix that If you Plug/Remove AC fast and continual, XP may show AC Present but in fact not.
* Changed the model name from S701_xxx to EPC-[censored].
* Fixed SCI_EVT synchronization issue.
* Fix System Boot to SSD fail when Enable BootBooster and Set Lan Boot First.
* Remove 1024x768 due to SW not ready
EeePC 702 - 8G
0103 - Download
* Bios date 2007-10-25
* Initial release
0309 - Download
* Bios date 2007-12-14
0404 - Download
* Bios date 2008-01-25
Change boot image
Change boot image using AMI Tools (instructions included, starting at page 50). Thanks Reverend Jones/mbm (from openwrt.org). Some samples can be found here and FAQ in post #24 below.
Using AMI BIOS Configuration program you can look and change various default settings in the rom-image.
Please let know of any errors.
Edited by ivc, 28 March 2008 - 01:11 AM.