These packages contain the following features:
* Kernel optimized for Pentium-M processors.
* Extra and unnecessary kernel modules and features have been stripped out.
* The 40-wire UDMA patch has been applied to ata_piix.ko (much faster I/O throughput.) (See http://lkml.org/lkml/2008/4/20/283)
* The Elantech touchpad driver port has been applied to psmouse.ko. (See http://forum.eeeuser...ic.php?id=30685)
* The eeepc-acpi module is included
* The madwifi modules are included (madwifi-hal-0.10.5.6 branch)
* The eeepc-linux overclocking module is included (v0.2)
* The uvcvideo module is included (svn r215)
These packages have been customized from the linux-image-2.6.24-19-generic and linux-ubuntu-modules-2.6.24-2.6.24 source packages to become
linux-image-126.96.36.199-eeepc and linux-ubuntu-modules-2.6.24-19-eeepc
The linux-image-eeepc packages are now available with a debian repository!
To get the kernel packages (and updates) all you need to do is: sudo apt-get install linux-eeepc linux-headers-eeepc
The website's been redesigned to have more information, packages, faqs, etc
A public read-only git repository is now available for accessing the source code, including all original patches and customized code:
I am not a kernel developer, nor am I an ubuntu or .deb developer. This might possibly break your EeePC.
I only produced these packages as a proof of concept. I've never actually done this before :O
I offer no guarantee that these packages will a) solve a problem, b) cause multiple problems, or c) do absolutely nothing useful at all.
Edited by adamm, 12 August 2008 - 06:59 AM.